The academic hub for research, teaching, study and networking in Germany’s vibrant Ruhr area
The University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) is an alliance of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, TU Dortmund University and the University of Duisburg-Essen. The UA Ruhr Liaison Office New York represents these three universities in North America. UA Ruhr New York was founded in 2004 under the name ConRuhr (Consortium of the Ruhr Area Universities) and is located in New York City. It is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the United States tax code and is supported through contributions by the three Ruhr Universities.
With over 120,000 students and nearly 14,000 researchers, UA Ruhr represents one of the largest and high-performing research locations in Germany. UA Ruhr New York promotes, supports and facilitates academic collaborations between the three Ruhr Universities and partners in the United States and Canada.
Find out more about who we are and what we can do for you here (pdf download, 4.6 MB)
- 120,000 students
- 17% international students
- 14,000 researchers
- 17 collaborative research centers
- €330m in grants
- "Shaken, Not Stirred!" James Bond in the Spotlight of Physics
- February 01, 2021 | 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm (EST) Virtual Event
- European Career Fair 2021
- February 25, 2021 | 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (EST) | Virtual Fair
- Annual German Academic International Network (GAIN) Conference
- August 27-29, 2021 | Virtual Fair or in San Francisco