UA Ruhr News Center
13. 10. 2022
Call for Applications: Transatlantic Ruhr Fellowship #TRF2023 in the USA
Internship plus accompanying program in the summer of 2023: Start your international career in the New York metropolitan area!
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
The Transatlantic Ruhr Fellowship Program offers students who study at the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) the opportunity to gain insight into the US corporate culture and acquire practical professional experience in the New York metropolitan area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania).
Pending final budgetary approval, the fellowship program runs from July 24, 2023, until September 17, 2023 and consists of the following two components: A summer intensive centered around the topic of Entrepreneurial Mindset and an internship of approximately seven weeks in a renowned US company or international organization in the New York metropolitan area including New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
The seminars will cover the following key areas:
• Intercultural communication
• Introduction to the differences between US and German corporate culture
• Workshop for the development of leadership skills
• Career counseling
• Talent management
• Diversity in the workplace
• Working in the 21st century
You must be enrolled as a student for the 2023 summer semester at one of the three UA Ruhr universities (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Technische Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen) in Engineering, Natural Sciences, Economics, Liberal Arts or Social Sciences (Bachelor or Master). You are interested in an intercultural environment and would like to experience the professional working environment in the New York metropolitan area and expand your network.
Good command of the English language (B2 at a minimum) is expected!
• Motivational letter of two pages at a maximum, in English
• US resume, in English
• Official language test verification for English at a B2 level or higher (e.g., high school diploma, DAAD Language Certification, TOEFL, Kaplan)
• Overview of your previous academic achievements (copy of your transcript preferably translated in English)
• Confirmation of enrollment
• Letter of recommendation (preferably in English) written by a teacher or professor of your faculty
THE TRANSATLANTIC RUHR FELLOW SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES
• Partial grant for travel and stay in the form of a scholarship approx. in the amount of EUR 2275
• One-week Summer School centered around the topic of “Global Markets and Entrepreneurship” (including accommodation and excursions)
• Application process for the J-1 visa including the fee for issuance of the DS-2019 (certificate of eligibility for the J-1 visa)
• Matching for internship in a company in the New York metropolitan area
Each participant will contribute EUR 500/- prior to the start of the program. Participants will also bear the costs for the DAAD group insurance (approx. EUR 38/- per month) as well as the SEVIS fee and the U.S. Consulate fee for the J-1 visa.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 15, 2022
Please send your application documents as one PDF attachment via email to the UA Ruhr Liaison Office in New York:
Priya S. Nayar
UA Ruhr Liaison Office New York
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Phone: +1 (212) 758-3384